Sunday, October 20, 2013

Blog 9: Pretending to be a big football fan


Don’t get me wrong; I like football and I love the Cougs, but I’m not one of those super-fans who obsess over each and every game, but I needed something to write about (something different that wasn’t “my goals” or “Dora” or anything else we have done in class), and I could not think of anything until I ran into an interesting article about the Cougar football game that one of my friends on Facebook shared; it was about Mike Leach, the Cougar football coach, and how the Oregon coach was bad-mouthing him even though we (the Cougs) were the losing team. [One-sentence paragraph]

The Oregon coach commented on Mike Leach saying he was “low class” and that continuing to pass the ball was “total B.S.” We lost the game by 24 points; how does that make Leach classless? [Rhetorical question] Oregon’s coach was just that— classless. [Dash to emphasize the last element of a sentence] There was no question going in to the game if the Cougars were a better team than Oregon. [Use of than] The Cougs were expected to lose, and were expected to lose by a lot. However they did lose, they kept the score closer than anyone thought they would [Use of however] I guess that was one positive that came out of the game. If the Oregon coach didn’t like what Coach Leach was doing then he should have stopped it. [Use of then]. The Cougars set records for completions and passes attempted and they still lost the game. [Simple sentence with compounded verbs connected with ands]

In my personal opinion, I don’t think the Cougs did anything wrong; what do you think they should have done? [Real question] Keeping the score differential decently low with the #2 team in the nation, the Oregon Ducks, the Cougars (who aren’t necessarily the best football team) are slowly starting to show improvement under the coaching of Mike Leach. Unfortunately, they still lost. [Long sentence followed by short sentence]


Maybe we’ll get them next time
Also, maybe I should become a sports editor (ha ha, only kidding). 

No comments:

Post a Comment